Small Business Unit
ProAssurance Insurance Company of America is a cohesive business unit focused on the unique needs of small business professionals in the chiropractic, dental, lawyer, and podiatric industries.
Our Podiatric Physicians Medical Professional Liability Insurance Program is underwritten by ProAssurance Insurance Company of America (PICA)—the nation's leading podiatric liability insurer.
By choosing PICA, you get a company that is endorsed by the:
With the importance of stability and consistency, PICA has proven its leadership since 1980—steadfastly supporting and enhancing the podiatric profession through sponsorships, risk management seminars, and more.
Your PICA coverage options include discounts, along with other insurance products available through ProAssurance Agency. These options can help you access the single-source solution you may want for your practice.
Founded by podiatrists for podiatrists, PICA is committed to helping protect and support podiatric physicians in every aspect of their practice.
PICA is rated “A” (Excellent) by AM Best.
The OUM Chiropractor Program has provided medical professional liability insurance protection—and additional peace of mind—to chiropractors since 1983. We are committed to diligently protecting and defending our policyholders against malpractice claims while providing unparalleled client service.
More than just malpractice insurance, we fulfill this commitment by offering:
- Affordable rates to help keep your expenses in line
- Coverage that protects you, your employees, and your practice
- First-rate customer service when you need it
OUM Chiropractor Professional Liability Insurance Program* is a program underwritten, insured, and administered by ProAssurance Insurance Company of America (PICA), a ProAssurance company, rated “A” (Excellent) by AM Best.
Visit OUMChiropractor.com to learn more.
*"OUM" and "OUM Chiropractor Program" do not refer to a legal entity or insurance company but to a program or symbol of a program underwritten, insured, and administered by ProAssurance Insurance Company of America (PICA), a ProAssurance company, rated “A” (Excellent) by AM Best.
Dental professional liability insurance—whether for an independent practice or corporate environment—can take many different approaches, depending on your group’s size and other important factors. DentistCare is a professional liability insurance program for dentists, oral surgeons, and other dental specialists and has been helping dental professionals for more than 25 years. We are committed to helping you access the insurance solution that’s right for you.
DentistCare goes beyond the ordinary with enhanced coverage and features. Please visit our Coverage page for more information about unique coverage features.
DentistCare is underwritten by ProAssurance, which is rated "A" (Excellent) by AM Best.
Visit DentistCare.com to learn more.
Lawyers and law firms can benefit from this professional liability insurance program that includes defined cyber and other coverage enhancements. LawyerCare is offered in both the standard and surplus markets in 32 states and Washington D.C.
Our insurance professionals are devoted to providing distinctive coverage to help you reduce the risks of the practice of law. LawyerCare policies are underwritten by Medmarc Casualty Insurance Company, a subsidiary of ProAssurance—a group of companies constituting one of our nation’s largest professional liability insurers.
Learn more about the LawyerCare program and services at LawyerCare.com.
*Coverages may vary slightly by state due to regulatory restrictions. Refer to LawyerCare policy form for your state for details. For terms and conditions, please click on the LawyerCare Policy Form link below. You also can gain a better understanding of CyberCare through these links
LawyerCare policy coverage includes:*
- CyberCare® Coverage—providing you with $25,000/$25,000 of cyber risk protection uniquely designed for the information threats law firms face
- Consent to Settle—offering you consent to settle and no “hammer clause”
- Attorney Discipline Defense Coverage—offering you immediate assistance of $25,000/$50,000 in addition to the policy limits
- Up to $10,000/$20,000 in Subpoena Assistance—alleviating this strain on your resources
- Automatic 60-day Reporting Period—allowing you additional time to report a claim that occurred during the policy period
- Insured’s Reimbursement of $500/$10,000—compensating your time spent (at our request) at a trial, hearing, or arbitration proceeding
- Claims Expense Outside the Limit of Liability & First Dollar Defense Coverage—options available to qualifying firms
- Extended Reporting Period Available at No Additional Premium—for retiring attorneys (who have been insured with LawyerCare for a minimum of three consecutive years) OR in the event of death or disability
- Individual Extended Reporting Period Available for Purchase—providing departing attorneys a separate limit of liability